Greenhouse gas emissions are inevitable in regards to the construction of large transport projects. However, we can do something to minimise the footprint of the projects. Nye Veier will cut greenhouse gas emissions by 40% from the construction phase and 75% from the operating period. This goal is one of our overall goals as well as increased benefit, increased traffic safety and reduced costs.
- Proper planning and implementation of construction projects.
- Conscious choice of materials and material quantities.
- Increased use of alternative fuels.
- Increased use of zero-emission technology during construction and in the operational period.
- Emphasis on climate-reduction measures in our contracts.
See specific examples below: